Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » » how to make french toast

how to make french toast

Written By Unknown on Thursday, July 7, 2016 | 8:08 AM




his toast recipe makes a delicious breakfast or brunch. Make this simple, yet perfect French toast recipe that everyone will love.

French toast is one of those recipes that I absolutely love. I love to make huge platters of it when we have guests for the weekend or Little Buddy has friends who spent the night. But really, my favorite thing to do is to make this perfect French toast recipe for just the three of us anytime I feel like.

Especially on a lazy weekend morning when I want to make somethingI know everyone will love. French toast just has such a way of starting the morning off like you are giving everyone as much love for their day as possible. Paired with a bowl of fresh fruit, a few slices of bacon, and drizzle of maple syrup, and this will be a meal that will fill their spirits as much as their bodies.

If I know we have a ton of schoolwork or testing in our schedule, this French toast recipe always brightens up the morning. Again, I like to include a bowl of fruit and slices of bacon to round out the meal.

But I have a little secret, even though I love French toast made with challah bread or thick slices of Sally Lunn bread, it is absolutely delicious and so easy with slices of our favorite sandwich bread. Since we always have it on hand, it makes making French toast a whole lot easier than worrying about having to bake bread first or remembering to pick it up at the bakery.

I have another little tip, too. I do love French toast that has been made with heavy cream, but it is just fine made with whatever milk I have the refrigerator, too. For instance, I’ve used whole milk, skim milk, coconut milk, almond milk, and yes, even buttermilk a time or two. You know what? The flavor might change a tiny bit, but it always turns out perfect.

It takes the pressure off of me from thinking that I have to have exact ingredients in my house to be able to make a favorite breakfast or brunch. Because, let’s face it, sometimes I wake up and just know that French toast would be a great way to welcome the morning. With just a few basic ingredients that I always have on hand, I know I can whip up perfect French toast that my family will love.
Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk, half and half, coconut milk, or almond milk
  • pinch salt
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, honey or maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 8 slices sandwich bread
  • butter
Instructions
  1. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a flat-bottomed pie plate or baking dish. Place bread slices, one or two at a time, into the egg mixture and flip to make sure both sides of bread are well-coated.
  2. Melt butter in a large skillet or on a griddle. Place bread slices in skillet or on griddle and cook until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
  3. Serve immediately or keep warm in oven until ready to serve, but no longer than about 30 minutes.
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment